Not far from Bansko is the small resort town of Dobrinishte. The greatest natural gift of this place are 17 healing thermal springs located in Dobrinishte and not far from it. The temperature of the mineral water is from + 30 ° C to + 43 ° C. The total flow rate is 18 l / sec. Despite the rich chemical composition, the water has low mineralization, no odor and a pleasant taste.
Although the water contains sulfates, sodium, silicon, fluorine and others, they are slightly mineralized, without a specific smell and color, which makes them suitable for drinking.
According to the Kluf classification, the mineral waters in Dobrinishte are classified as “very soft”.
Since there are many natural springs in the city and its surroundings, balneology has been successfully developed in the city. Near Dobrinishte is the Ruskovets Thermal SPA & Ski Resort and is one of the wonderful places for rest and balneotherapy. The SPA area of this wonderful resort includes indoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, a Kneipp bench and a fitness center. The outdoor panoramic terrace has 2 hot tubs with sunbeds and umbrellas. Guests can order a unique Japanese massage, as well as various rituals and therapies.
The mineral springs of Dobrinishte are of very high quality, so patients can both take baths and drink from the water. When taken orally, unconcentrated local mineral water is used as a remedy for various diseases of the liver and biliary tract, gastrointestinal, urological, metabolic endocrine diseases. Fluoride waters will be of great benefit in preventing tooth decay and osteoporosis.
The water from these thermal springs helps in the treatment of many diseases, numerous studies prove this. Local treatment centers offer various treatments using: inhalation, internal and external use. Inhalations help with diseases of the lungs and upper respiratory tract. Mineral baths have a beneficial effect on the musculoskeletal and nervous system. Internal use is useful in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
“Silver spring” is the name of the most famous spring in Dobrinishte. Its water contains a large amount of silver ions, which have an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect on the human body. The silver spring has a beneficial effect on eye diseases.
What is the healing effect of the mineral waters in Dobrinishte?
Healing procedures with mineral waters can be done in several ways: externally, by inhalation and internally.
When applied externally (baths), mineral water has a beneficial effect on chronic diseases of the bones, muscles, joints, tendons, diseases of the nervous system, such as lumbago, sciatica, plexitis, sciatica, diseases of the female genital organs, skin diseases, etc.
Internal procedures (for drinking), mineral waters are excellent for treating chronic diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract, diseases of the biliary tract and liver, gastrointestinal and intestinal disorders, etc.
Inhalation treatment with mineral waters of Dobrinishte also helps in the treatment of diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract.
At any time of the year, the mineral water, with proven healing properties, is suitable for balneotherapy and rehabilitation, maintaining the temperature in the various pools within 30-40 degrees.
The mineral water from the sources in Dobrinishte has a beneficial effect on the following diseases:
- Chronic diseases of the Kidney and the Urinary System: chronic kidney inflammation /nephritis, pyelitis/, chronic Interstitial cystitis,sand and kidney stones /nephrolithiasis/;
- Chronic Liver and Biliary Tract Disease: chronic hepatitis and side effects after treatment, gallbladder inflammation / cholecystitis /, Gallstones;
*Chronic disorders and gastrointestinal diseases: chronic gastritis, colitis, gastric and duodenal ulcers (without bleeding), chronic constipation
- Chronic diseases of the joints, bones, muscles and tendons: chronic articular rheumatism / rheumatoid arthritis / chronic muscular rheumatism, diseases of the intervertebral joints / spondiloartrit / non-inflammatory diseases of the joints / arthritis /, bone fractures side effects, injuries, mobility difficulties and movement limitation of the joints, inflammation of the periarticular synovial bags / bursitis / tendon sheath inflammation / tendinitis /;
* Chronic diseases of the peripheral nervous system: neuralgia, sciatica, lumbago, radiculitis, plexitis;
· in diseases of the central nervous system – after spinal cord injuries or previous poliomyelitis
· in diseases of respiratory organs – chronic ringopharyngitis, bronchitis, asthma in an inactive period
· Chronic diseases of the female reproductive system: chronic inflammation of the ovaries / adnexitis /, chronic inflammation of the uterus, disorders in the functions of the ovary, infertility;
Chronic skin diseases and/or itching-skin disorders: eczema and psoriasis;
· in metabolic and endocrine diseases – diabetic polyneuropathy, gout, obesity
· general prevention, strengthening and hardening of the body, after physical or mental overload, prevention against premature aging.
Dobrinishte also has an outdoor mineral pool and a public bath, which are available to everyone.
One of the most popular places that attract tourists from all over Bulgaria is the mineral pool of Dobrinishte with two outdoor mineral pools.
Dobrinishte is synonymous with alpine nature, mineral springs and the typical atmosphere of a Bulgarian village. This unique combination turned a village rich in history into a promising and exclusive ski resort.